Frequently Asked Questions
You have plenty to think about as you plan your memorable affair. Many brides and grooms have questions, and we are here to help you as best we can. These are some of the most common questions asked by customers with needs similar to yours. We hope they help you. If you have further concerns, please ask!
- Not everyone likes chocolate. How do I choose a filling?
The Bride and Groom should choose what they like best.
- Can I mix flavors with different tiers?
No, this is not advised. You risk the likelihood of all of your guests requesting more than one flavor.
- What should I do about a cake topper?
Most people select fresh flowers for a topper. Another popular choice – edible flowers.
- How do I choose the best icing for my cake?
The icing selection you make will be based on aesthetic and budgetary considerations. There will always be guests who love cake icing – and they can have the outside pieces. For those who relish the cake flavor instead, there are plenty of inside pieces to go around.
- What is a groom’s cake?
This is a Southern tradition involving a second cake that reflects a hobby or personality trait of the groom. This is quite popular at larger weddings or rehearsal dinners.
- How much time do I need to allow for a custom cake? No two cakes are the same, and the amount of time needed for a custom cake versus a stock cake is different